The nib Healthier Joints programme helps nib members with shoulder, hip, knee, and spine issues.
Whether you require surgical or non-surgical treatment, the programmes gives you access to a dedicated TBI Health rehabilitation team. This may include physiotherapists, exercise physiologists, psychologists, occupational therapists, pharmacists, dietitians, and medical specialists, who will give you personalised advice, treatment, and support to help you recover better.
Who is the Healthier Joints programme designed for?
- nib members with non-ACC related pain in the spine, shoulder, hip or knee that has been present for more than 6 weeks or pain that is impacting your ability to remain at work or attend to usual daily activities.
- Those who have undergone non-ACC related surgery of the shoulder, hip, knee or spine and would benefit from some guidance from a physiotherapist regarding post-operative exercises and return to normal daily living.
- nib members looking to improve their understanding of their pain, the factors that contribute to it and take an active role in the management of their condition – the more you commit to the programme, the more you’ll get out of it!
What to expect
- Your wellness coach at nib will send a referral through to TBI Health.
- Someone at TBI Health will contact you directly to set up an assessment with one of our physiotherapists. The assessment and programme itself can be completed either in person at one of our many locations nationwide or online via telehealth.
- We’ll also send out some paperwork for you to complete prior to the appointment to help understand your needs better.
- At this initial appointment, we’ll determine your eligibility and answer any of your questions you have about the service and if you’re keen to proceed, we’ll advise your wellness coach at nib.
- The programme typically runs for a period of 6-12 weeks and on completion we request you fill in the same measures again to measure change and will request any feedback so we can continue to develop a service to best meet your needs.