TBI Health’s hand therapy service provides assessment, diagnosis and rehabilitation of any condition, pain or injury of the upper limb (shoulder, arm, elbow, forearm, wrist and hand).
To make a booking
Please click on the below button to call our Freephone number.
Our experienced hand therapy team have expert knowledge to manage the rehabilitation of hand and upper extremity injuries.
We work closely with orthopaedic surgeons and other members of the multidisciplinary team to ensure the best possible outcomes for our clients.
It is in your hands to create a better world for all who live in it.Nelson Mandela
Hand rehabilitation treatments
- Pain management
- Customised splint fabrication
- Individual rehabilitation programmes
- Strengthening and exercises
- Range of movement
- Scar management
- Oedema management
- Joint protection
- Work and activity guidance
Common conditions we treat in Hand Therapy
- Chronic pain and Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
- Joint and ligament injuries
- Nerve compression and injuries including carpal tunnel syndrome
- Sprains of finger, thumb, wrist and elbow
- Tendon injuries
- Tennis and Golfers Elbow
- Sports injuries
- Occupational Overuse Syndrome (OOS)/Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI)
TBI Health has a national network of clinics with professional consulting rooms and on-site gym facilities. We also have the flexibility to meet your needs and offer our injury rehab service in the community, or within your home.
How to make an appointment
To book an appointment with one of our hand therapists, simply give us a call or or make a booking online.
TBI Health’s Hand Therapy service is currently available in the following locations:
- TBI Health Christchurch – (03) 222 2366
- TBI Health Hastings – (06) 211 3986
- TBI Health Lower Hutt – (04) 570 2639
- TBI Health Mana – (04) 233 0754
- TBI Health Masterton – (06) 222 4100
- TBI Health Motueka – 03 548 8233
- TBI Health Napier – (06) 211 3986
- TBI Health Nelson – (03) 548 8233
- TBI Health New Plymouth – (06) 222 0066
- TBI Health Wellington CBD – (04) 499 4564
When making a booking, please let our team know that you would like an assessment with one of our hand therapists.