Do you have an old injury/ache or pain that’s stopping you doing the things you love?
We understand that living with pain can make day-to-day life difficult. With support from Capital & Coast District Health Board and in partnership with Porirua Union Health, TBI Health has been selected to provide the Taineke service.
Taineke is a fully-funded rehabilitation service in Porirua for people who don’t qualify for ACC funded related pain and discomfort treatment.
Who can access the programme and how much does it cost?
- The Taineke service is available for patients living in the greater Porirua region.
- The programme is fully funded by Capital & Coast DHB for Māori, Pacific Islanders or Community Services Card holders.
- If you don’t qualify for funding, there is a small fee for the full 6-week programme (please get in touch with our team for details).
What does Taineke consist of?
The name Taineke means ‘dynamics of movement’ and reflects the service’s approach to empower individuals on their health and wellbeing journey.
- The Taineke service is currently available to people living in the greater Porirua region.
- Patients receive an initial assessment with one of our Physiotherapists.
- Patients work through a series of educational modules and exercise sessions on a weekly basis to help you understand your condition.
The programme is provided by a team of health professionals including:
- Occupational Therapists
- Exercise Physiologists
How long does the programme take to complete?
The programme runs over a six week period and includes physio assessments and weekly exercise sessions which are run in various locations across the Porirua region. On completion, you will be helped to integrate into support services that are currently available within the community. This includes the Green Prescription and Arthritis New Zealand support.
How can I get onto this programme?
Please discuss the TBI Health Taineke service with your doctor or health professional. You can also access the programme directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 04 570 2639 and enquire about our Taineke Service.
I am a health professional – how do I get more information or make a referral?
If you are a health professional and would like to discuss our Taineke Service in more detail, please contact email@example.com or call 04 570 2639. If you wish to make a referral these can be done via.
To make a referral, please click on the link below.